Getting to know me...learning to trust me
Every dog has a unique personality, body and history. Zen Dog Massage can benefit every dog whether for general well-being, vitality and balance or help with a particular condition.
So how does it work?
I offer a mobile in-house service for your convenience and your dog’s comfort. We get to talk and share information while I'm assessing the dog’s appearance, movement and general well-being. Once we are all happy, I’ll begin the massage and slowly introduce different techniques depending on the dog’s feedback. You're welcome to stay, watch, learn and relax with your dog.
I use a PetMassage™ sequence which allows the dog to relax and open it's body and mind. This sequence uses gentle massage, vectoring, skin rolling, fascia release, palpating, Ortho-Bionomy and much more. I also use Canine Hanna Somatics™ to facilitate greater ease of movement, while helping restore sensory-motor amnesia and overall mobility.
The procedures used in Zen Dog Massage are gentle and highly effective ─ most of these procedures are used on humans. It’s a non-invasive method of bodywork, which uniquely addresses pain and stress patterns and promotes structural balance, well-being and ease.
Below is a list of benefits your dog will experience:
- Stimulates muscle tone by releasing and relaxing the fascia system
- Increases circulation to all parts of the body
- Changes the muscular system by changing the central nervous system
- Provides the energy and realignment to renew cells, revitalize and re-pattern bodily habits
- Improves sensory-motor amnesia
- Improves immune function
- Comforts tired muscles, improves flexibility and helps post-exercise soreness
- Helps stiffness and discomfort in older dogs
- Helps with behavioral problems resulting from physical or emotional pain
- Speeds up healing after surgery or injury
- Is a shared journey for dog and owner, strengthening the bond
- Introduces a Zen mindset and approach for deeper connection between dog and owner
Zen Dog Massage complements many veterinary treatments and is a totally natural and heartfelt massage.
Typically the massage session lasts 30 - 40 minutes but please allow 1 hour. Value of $65.
Being mobile I can travel anywhere including interstate. Minimum numbers are required.
I'm available the last Saturday of the month, by appointment, at The Complete Pet Company located at 148 South Pine Rd, Enoggera, Brisbane. Please contact The Complete Pet Company for bookings on (07) 3855 3555 or message me direct. Value of $50.
If you operate a boarding kennel and would like to discuss offering massage as an additional service, I have some suggestions that could help.
Please feel comfortable contacting me with any questions, suggestions or ideas. I'd love to hear from you.